上海419论坛,上海龙凤419,爱上海 - Powered by Portia Eldi!

Dhankhar bats for Ayushman Bharat in Bengal

first_imgWest Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar on Thursday batted for implementation of Central government’s Ayushman Bharat scheme in the State saying “matters of health should be kept above politics”.“I have been the Governor [of West Bengal] for less than 100 days and I have received between 2,000 and 3,000 applications from people all over the State seeking medical assistance. I examined all [applications] and found that they were eligible for benefits under the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat scheme,” the Governor said at an event in Kolkata. Mr. Dhankhar said he finds it incongruous why a Central scheme that makes available such a great facility, which has been recognised all over the world, is not being adopted for the benefit of the people of West Bengal.“I have also come to know that the applicants could have taken benefits of State-run schemes. Despite that if they are writing to the Raj Bhavan then there was something that needed to be looked into,” he said.The Trinamool Congress government in the State had pulled out of the Ayushman Bharat scheme, stating that the programmes launched by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were enough to cater to the health requirements of the people of Bengal.3,000 applications “If I can get 3,000 applications in three months, it reflects the state of affairs. I would therefore urge those concerned to work in harmony. Health should be above politics,” the Governor told media persons.Ever since he assumed charge in July this year, Governor Dhankhar has questioned the functioning of the State government on several issues, including law and order and education system. Though there was a thaw in relations after Mr. Dhankhar visited the residence of Ms. Banerjee on Kali Puja, the comments and counter comments have continued.Ms. Banerjee refused to make any comments on the Governor’s remarks during a press conference.last_img read more

Military appeal court orders retrial in sexual assault case

first_imgOTTAWA – A retrial has been ordered in the case of a Canadian Forces member who was acquitted last year of sexually assaulting a female colleague while the two were deployed on a training exercise in Jamaica in 2015.A military judge found Cpl. Simon Cadieux not guilty of sexual assault and drunkenness following a court martial in May 2017, but the Court Martial Appeal Court says the judge erred in his ruling.Cadieux and his special forces unit were in Jamaica in November 2015 when they held a barbecue that included drinking and partying to mark the end of a training exercise.According to testimony delivered during the initial court martial, a drunk Cadieux went into a female-only tent after the party where he woke up another service member and the two kissed in the dark before she realized he wasn’t who she thought.The woman also testified that she was woken up by a touch to the pelvic area, which Cadieux said was accidental.Military judge Lt.-Col. Louis-Vincent d’Auteuil ultimately acquitted Cadieux after concluding the corporal did not enter the tent intending to kiss or engage in any sexual activity with his colleague.He also concluded the woman had initiated the kiss and Cadieux subjectively believed she had consented to it.But in the Appeal Court’s ruling, a three-judge panel unanimously agreed that d’Auteuil did not properly test Cadieux’s argument that he believed the woman had consented to the kiss given various other factors.Those included his admitting to having woken her up, being intoxicated, that it was dark in the tent and that “there was no romantic relationship between the two of them before or during the exercise or on the evening in question.“In other words, and stated rather bluntly, the complainant had no reason to kiss Cpl. Cadieux, he had no reason to believe she wanted to kiss him, and, importantly, immediately prior to the actual kissing, he had no reason to believe she wanted him to kiss her.”The Appeal Court’s decision to order a retrial comes as military commanders have been cracking down on sexual misconduct in the Forces, and was welcomed on Friday by Col. Bruce MacGregor, the military’s top prosecutor.“The recent decision in the Cadieux case from the Court Martial Appeal Court of Canada is but another example of our efforts to pursue justice for all victims of sexual misconduct by enforcing the rule of law and promoting the discipline, efficiency and morale of the women and men who proudly serve,” he said.last_img read more