South Hills High School will host the CIF-Southern Section Division III dual meet wrestling finals Saturday in an all-day event that begins at 11 a.m. St. John Bosco is the top seed among the 16-school field. Santa Fe is seeded second, followed by South Hills fourth and West Covina at sixth. The semifinals will take place at 4 p.m. and the finals at 7 p.m. Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for children. The Huskies and Bulldogs continue their San Antonio League rivalry on Saturday after both schools dominated the league finals last weekend. South Hills defeated West Covina for the league title, but it starts all over again Saturday with even higher stakes. West Covina had an impressive nine league champs, including Taylor Louie (103), Jeremy Dizon (119), Alex Carrico (125), Willie Valdez (130), A.J. Guardado (135), Daniel Brooks (145), George Munoz (152), Josh Gutierrez (160) and Richard Tejeda (215). “I think we surprised even ourselves with nine champs,” Bulldogs coach Donnie Stephens said. “I just hope they don’t feel like that was their Super Bowl.” Huskies wrestler Thomas Williams remained undefeated with his win in the 112-pound class and is 34-0. Sal Castillo (140) and Josh Pearson (189) joined Williams as South Hills’ league champs. South Hills coach Robb Froh doesn’t feel hosting the tournament is necessarily an advantage for the Huskies. “I think it’s going to be a challenge to keep everyone focused because they’ll have their friends around, so I am not sure if this will give us an advantage,” he said. Williams and Guardado were named co-MVPs of the San Antonio League, with both completing the season undefeated. “In this competition, if we’re to win, we’ll need everyone at their best,” Froh said. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
And, according to the Daily Mirror, the 64-year-old is ready to invest in another London-based football club.Current owner Roland Duchatelet has infuriated fans for several years, most recently not paying bonuses to staff members at the Valley.The club is currently up for sale for £20million, but no serious offers have come in for the club.After being Premier League regulars for several seasons, the Addicks dropped out of the top-flight in 2007 and eventually found themselves in League One. Alisher Usmanov could be set to save Charlton Athletic using his £600million fortune from Arsenal.The Uzbekistani tycoon sold his 30% stake in the club to Stan Kroenke last month for the astronomical fee. 2 Things have become so bad at the cash-strapped south London club, staff members are not allowed to eat crisps after hours because the cleaners have had their hours reduced.Last month, fans threw crisp packets onto the pitch during their game against Fleetwood Town.An Australian consortium came close to buying the club before the season began, but the deal fell through and Duchatelet claims the club (who are thought to be around £30million in debt) are now losing £10m-per-year. Usmanov is potentially the most disliked man in south London, an incredible title to hold Usmanov with close friend and Russian president Vladimir Putin 2
In episode 10 of Play Your Part, we meet Nneile Nkholise, whose company designs breast and facial prostheses for people with cancer and burn victims. Here’s a sneak peek of the episode:Nneile Nkholise is founder of the company iMed Tech Group, which is incubated at The Innovation Hub. (Images: Brand South Africa)Brand South AfricaEpisode 10 of Play Your Part tells the story of Nneile Nkholise, who went from participating in science fairs at school to founding and directing her own company. iMed Tech Group employs only African women under the age of 30 who have research backgrounds in mechanical engineering.Nkholise is one of the guests on Play Your Part episode 10, which screens on Saturday, 11 November 2017 on SABC 2.Here’s more on the other two guests featured on this episode:Andile KhumaloAndile KhumaloAndile Khumalo is co-owner of the media and communications company, MSG Afrika Group. He is also the founder of MyStartup, an online portal for budding entrepreneurs, as well as host of the radio show, Power Business, on radio station Power 98.7 FM.Bongekile RadebeBongekile RadebeBongekile Radebe has been involved in youth development and leadership programmes such as One Day Leader. She is the founder of Taste of Legends, an African tea lifestyle and business network brand that focuses on tribute teas, wellness and boutique tea events.Play Your Part is broadcast at 18:00 on Saturdays on SABC 2.To get involved in playing your part in South Africa:Check out the conversation on Twitter: #GetInvolved; orFind out about initiatives on Play Your Part here.Tell us how you Play Your Part through our social media channels:Follow us on Twitter: @PlayYourPartSA;Follow Brand South Africa on Twitter: @Brand_SA;Like us on Facebook: Official Brand South Africa.Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See Using Brand South Africa material.
More than a million Indians planted 220 million trees on August 9, 2019 in Uttar Pradesh. It was part of a massive effort to tackle climate change and improve the environment.Students, lawmakers, officials and others planted dozens of species of saplings along roads, rail tracks and in forest lands.The trees include 16 fruit species, and will increase forest cover in the state.”We set the target of 220 million because Uttar Pradesh is home to 220 million people,” Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Adityanath said.
The Uttar Pradesh government has recommended a CBI inquiry into the ‘irregular’ sale, purchase and transfer of Waqf land in the State. A letter requesting it was sent to the Department of Personnel and Training and the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, the U.P. Home Department said late on Saturday. The Home Department requested a probe into the sale, purchase and transfer of the land by the Sunni Central Waqf Board and the Shia Central Waqf Board. Two FIRs lodged in Allahabad and Lucknow would be investigated, it said.While the government did not specify the details of the cases, FIRs show they were lodged against Shia Central Waqf Board chairman Waseem Rizvi in 2016 and 2017.Talking to The Hindu, Zufar Faruqui, chairman of the Sunni Central Waqf Board said the call for a CBI probe was “most welcome.” He, however, pointed out that the two FIRs mentioned by the UP Home Department related to the Shia Central Waqf Board and not his department.“They [government] will be able to answer this,” he said, when asked why was the Sunni Central Waqf Board being probed when it had no such cases against it.In the first FIR, lodged on August 26, 2016 at Kotwali, Prayagraj, Mr. Rizvi is charged with criminal trespassing for illegal construction of shops at an Imambada in the Sangam city. The second case pertains to March 27, 2017 when he along with four others is charged with robbing the rights of the caretaker of a plot of land in Kanpur. The FIR invoked criminal intimidation, cheating and criminal breach of trust against Mr. Rizvi.In a video statement released on Sunday, Mr. Rizvi welcomed the government recommendation and assured all cooperation to the CBI. He said he would send to the agency a list of the Waqf properties sold and purchased with the details of persons involved.He claimed there was evidence to show that Maulana Kalbe Jawad, a prominent Lucknow-based Shia cleric, had sold many of the Waqf properties. Also under his target was Mohsin Raza, who is a Minister of State for Minority Welfare and Muslim Waqf.Mr. Rizvi alleged that Mr. Raza during his time with the Congress had sold many Waqf properties, including his ancestral family graveyard. Mr. Rizvi shares a bitter relationship with the two persons accused by him.“Be it a minister or a sentry, whoever has purchased or sold Waqf property for their own personal interests, they will come under the purview of this probe,” Mr. Rizvi said. “Everything will be clear after the probe. If I am guilty, I should be punished. If a minister or a maulvi is guilty, he should be punished.”
Read Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses Larry Fonacier. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netLarry Fonacier turned back the clock and looked like the gunslinger of old as he shot NLEX out of danger en route to a 103-100 stunner over San Miguel Beer in the 2017 PBA Governors’ Cup on Sunday.With the Road Warriors engaged in a tight battle in the last two minutes, the 35-year-old first struck at the 1:46 mark for the go-ahead triple to push the Road Warriors up, 98-95.ADVERTISEMENT UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief SPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutHowever, Fonacier said that the big shots he had wouldn’t be possible if not for Guiao, the same coach who bestowed much belief on him back when he was still an upstart in the league coming out of Ateneo.“He started it all. I give credit to him. He helped me to have strong will in this league. He’s trained me to be ready for those moments and I thank him for the tough love while we’re still at Red Bull,” he said. It also helps that he’s playing alongside players who are no stranger to Guiao’s system like Quiñahan and Cyrus Baguio, as they all give NLEX the much-needed veteran presence.Fonacier thinks the Road Warriors’ win over the Grand Slam-seeking Beermen is a sign that they can compete against any team in the league.“It means that we’re on the right track of being able to compete at a high level this conference. We’re almost on our goal of making it to the semis. We’re an inch closer to that and we don’t want to relax. We don’t want any meltdown like in our previous game,” he said.ADVERTISEMENT He doubled down a minute after, puncturing the dagger three from the top of the arc off a JR Quiñahan pass with 23.9 seconds left to give his side a comfortable 101-97 edge that took the air out of the Beermen.“Larry was vintage from eight years ago,” said ROS coach Yeng Guiao, who acquired the veteran marksman via trade late in the 2017 Commissioner’s Cup.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water polo Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC View comments WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding LATEST STORIES MOST READ Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Lassiter after SMB loss to NLEX: ‘We’re still finding our way’ Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:30’Excited’ Terrence Romeo out to cherish first PBA finals appearance00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games
But Ahmad Shapawi Ismail, director-general of Malaysia’s National Sports Council, said none of the 10 visiting teams had registered an official complaint.“We have a technical delegate appointed by the international (SEA Games) federation,” he told reporters.“We have procedures on whatever protests or dissatisfaction (there is) from the teams and until now if I’m not mistaken we haven’t received any official complaints.”He added: “The bottom line is, there are rules, there are procedures. There is a technical delegate appointed by the international sports federation, and we have to trust those people to deliver the competition properly.”Malaysia have never won an Olympic gold medal, although they had four silvers and a bronze at last year’s Rio Games. They won five golds at the 2014 Asian Games and six at the last Commonwealth Games.‘Worst tournament’ADVERTISEMENT UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games Later on Wednesday, the tournament was declared closed in a colorful ceremony at the National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, where the Games flag was passed to 2019 hosts the Philippines.“Kuala Lumpur 2017 has been truly magnificent, memorable and majestic,” said SEA Games Federation president Tunku Imran Tuanku Ja’afar.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutMalaysia, who won 62 gold medals at the last SEA Games in 2015, topped the table for the first time since 2001 — when they also hosted the mini-Olympics. Thailand had 72 golds and Vietnam 58.Thai and Indonesian officials have hit out at the judging standards, and there have been a welter of complaints and videos online, many under the #ShameOnYouMalaysia hashtag. Read Next View comments Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Malaysia dismissed concerns over judging at the Southeast Asian Games as the hosts finished the competition with a record 145 gold medals on Wednesday, more than twice the number of second-placed Thailand.The home team won five of the seven titles on the final day, a typically dominant performance as they ended the Games with more than one-third of the 406 gold medals handed out.ADVERTISEMENT CEU, La Salle-Zobel dribblers try to extend WNCAA reign SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games PLAY LIST 03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH00:50Trending Articles01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students03:04Filipino athletes share their expectations for 2019 SEA Games00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa LATEST STORIES Newspapers trumpeted Malaysia’s victory, and were thick with full-page ads taken out by companies to congratulate the team. Malaysia also celebrates its 60th independence anniversary on Thursday.Foreign media were less effusive. The Bangkok Post commented: “For many Thai officials, athletes, journalists and fans, KL 2017 is the worst tournament in SEA Games history in terms of both officiating and organising.”On Wednesday, Malaysia won three gold medals in speed skating, which was making its Games debut, and two in diving. Thailand took one in speed skating and one in weightlifting.The SEA Games, which now look forward to their 30th edition in 2019, allow the host nation to adjust the programme to suit their strengths, meaning they often finish top of the table.Winning one-third of the gold medals is not unusual for the home country. When Indonesia held the 1997 Games, they won 194 out of 448 gold medals, or 43 percent.Malaysia’s chef de mission Marina Chin admitted their original target of 211, the national record set in 2001, was probably conservative.“When we made the target together with the national associations, I would admit that we were a bit conservative because we didn’t know about the achievements of the other countries,” she said.
Please find attached the agenda for the Touch Football Australia (TFA) Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be conducted on Saturday, 23 November 2013. Please click on the attachment below to view the agenda. Related Filesagm_2013_agenda-pdfRelated LinksAGM Agenda
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Man Utd survive scare with penalty win over Rochdaleby Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United have survived a scare by beating Rochdale on penalties in the Carabao Cup third-round on Wednesday.17-year-old Mason Greenwood finally converted one of United’s many chances to open the scoring.But Rochdale equalised through another teenager in Luke Matheson with fifteen minutes to play.This set up a nervous penalty shootout at Old Trafford, but a miss from Dale midfielder Jimmy Keohane sealed an painful exit for the League One club.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gave Brandon Williams his debut by sending him on for Phil Jones at half-time.
Arsenal midfielder Torreira determined to make it under Emeryby Paul Vegas16 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira is determined to make it under manager Unai Emery.Only five team-mates played more minutes in all competitions than Torreira last season.But asked about his drop down the pecking order this term, Torreira said: “I don’t know whether I’d say it’s frustrating.“All players want to play, they obviously want to be in the starting XI – that’s completely normal.“But that’s not something that depends on me.“It’s down to the coach to make those decisions and really I have to respect that. Right now it’s about not giving up.“You have to continue working hard and whether I’m playing in the starting XI or from the bench I want to give my all for the team. That’s the kind of player I am.“I like to give 100 per cent for the shirt to help my team-mates and to give the fans something to cheer about.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say