上海419论坛,上海龙凤419,爱上海 - Powered by Portia Eldi!

RS number game may help BJP in biennial poll but Cong to

first_imgremain numero unoNew Delhi, May 13 (PTI) The arithmetic in Rajya Sabha, where BJP lacks majority, is set to be more favourable to the government as the ruling party will gain in numbers and Congress will lose in biennial elections to 57 seats next month. However, this it may not be enough for the passage of key GST bill. Despite the numerical changes in the Upper House before the monsoon session, Congress will remain the largest party. In the current 245-member Upper House, Congress has 64 seats and BJP 49.While 14 members each of Congress and BJP are retiring, the ruling party can win 17-18 seats due to its increased numbers in Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Haryana and Jharkhand assemblies while the the opposition party is unlikely to secure more than 8-9 seats.BJP had recently got a boost with the nomination of six new members by the government.Its ally TDP is expected to do well in Andhra Pradesh, which will have four vacancies, while AIADMK, seen to be more friendly to BJP, will bag most of the six seats facing elections.Out of the total 57 seats going to polls, six members belong to BSP, five are from JD(U), three each from SP, BJD and AIADMK.In Uttar Pradesh, ruling Samajwadi Party is set to win a majority of 11 seats followed by BSP while BJP will retain one seat. At present, BSP has six of these seats and SP three.A BJP leader claimed that the change in Rajya Sabha numbers will be more favourable to the government not only because of an increase in BJPs strength but also that regional parties like SP and TRS are more amenable to its legislative agenda like the GST bill.advertisementIn Bihar, ruling JD(U) is not in a position to win more than two out of the five seats, all of which belong to it.JD(U) ally RJD, which emerged as the single largest party in the state Assembly polls last year, can win two seats. BJP sources said the party will be able to win one seat.Biennial elections to the 57 seats, including the one vacated by liquor baron Vijay Mallya, will be held on June 11, the Election Commission had said yesterday. PTI KR PALlast_img read more

2012/13 TFA AGM Agenda

first_imgPlease find attached the agenda for the Touch Football Australia (TFA) Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be conducted on Saturday, 23 November 2013.   Please click on the attachment below to view the agenda. Related Filesagm_2013_agenda-pdfRelated LinksAGM Agendalast_img

a month agoArsenal boss Emery delighted with Bellerin performance for Carabao Cup win

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Arsenal boss Emery delighted with Bellerin performance for Carabao Cup winby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal boss Unai Emery was delighted with Hector Bellerin’s performance for their Carabao Cup win over Nottingham Forest.It was an emotional night for Bellerin as he returned to the first team after more than nine months out injured.”I think Hector’s attitude is a very big attitude to help us,” Emery said. “When he was injured he was still a big mentality in the dressing room helping us.”He assisted for [Joe] Willock to score and also to have different options in the squad and first XI is good. We are going to play a lot of matches and tonight was his first 15 minutes [with us], which is really important. “He wanted to play 90 and yesterday he told me he’s ready and wanted to play, but we decided to give him less minutes than 90. He played with the under-23s on Friday and also they are the first matches for him. We need to do it progressively and the doctor said to us that we are going to do it like that.”I think no [he can’t play 90 minutes against Manchester United next]. Maybe in his mind yes, but we need to listen to the doctor and the doctor wants to do it progressively. Really tonight is the first day and the first minutes, and we are going to maybe share some minutes with the under-23s.”It depends how he’s feeling, but in his mind he’s feeling very well and I think the first minutes tonight were amazing for him. We are going to use him with Ainsley [Maitland-Niles] and Calum Chambers to help us in this position. The most important things about Hector are his attitude and experience. He’s wishing to help us.” last_img read more

Citing fraud LL Bean imposes limits on its return policy

first_imgFREEPORT, Maine – L.L. Bean’s generous return policy is going to be a little less forgiving: The company, which has touted its 100 per cent satisfaction guarantee for more than a century, is imposing a one-year limit on most returns to reduce growing abuse and fraud.The outdoor specialty retailer said returns of items that have been destroyed or rendered useless, including some purchased at thrift stores or retrieved from trash bins, have doubled in the past five years, surpassing the annual revenue from the company’s famous boot.“The numbers are staggering,” CEO Steve Smith told The Associated Press. “It’s not sustainable from a business perspective. It’s not reasonable. And it’s not fair to our customers.”L.L. Bean announced Friday that it will now accept returns for any reason only for one year with proof of purchase. It will continue to replace products for manufacturing defects beyond that.The company is also imposing a $50 minimum for free shipping as part of a belt-tightening that includes a workforce reduction through early retirement incentives and changes in workers’ pension plans.The Freeport-based company joins a list of other retailers that have been tightened return policies. Outdoors retailer REI, which was once jokingly dubbed Rental Equipment Inc. and Return Everything Inc. because its unlimited returns policy, imposed a one-year restriction five years ago. Other retailers have been narrowing the window for returns or imposing new conditions.L.L. Bean’s announcement in a memo to employees and in a letter to customers represents a seismic policy shift for a 106-year-old company that used its satisfaction guarantee as a way to differentiate itself from competitors.Leon Leonwood Bean, the company’s founder, is credited with launching the policy when 90 of his first 100 hunting shoes were returned. He earned goodwill by returning customers’ money, and he came back with a better boot. Thus the satisfaction guarantee was born.But the merchant never intended for his satisfaction guarantee to become a lifetime replacement policy, company executives said. Abuse of the generous return policy with no time limit has accelerated thanks to people sharing their return stories on social media, they said.The family-owned company is prepared for a backlash, but the changes honour the spirit of the founder’s original guarantee, said Shawn Gorman, L.L.’s great-grandson and the company’s chairman. Internal surveys indicate 85 per cent of customers are OK with the new return policy, he said.“There is no one in this family who would’ve allowed this to happen if they thought that L.L. would be upset with us, like, if he would be rolling over in his grave,” Gorman said.The news drew a mixed reaction on social media, with some excoriating the retailer and others saying the change is justified.Maine native Justin Franz recalled that virtually all kids returned to school each fall with a brand-new backpack from L.L. Bean when he was a kid. He said he learned later in life that some of those backpacks were being returned every year for the latest model.“It was bound to happen,” the Montana resident said of the end of unlimited returns. “It doesn’t change my opinion of the company at all. I understand why’re they’re doing it.”Over the past five years, the company has lost $250 million on returned items that are classified by the company as “destroy quality,” said L.L. Bean spokeswoman Carolyn Beem.“Destroy quality” items are destined for the landfill. First-quality products are returned to store shelves and “seconds” are sold at outlets or donated to charity.It’s not uncommon to hear stories of people clearing out basements of used or unwanted L.L. Bean products, sometimes decades after their purchase. Some customers replace the same items year after year to get the latest outdoor gear. Some even head to thrift stores, yard sales or junkyards to retrieve L.L. Bean items that they then return.Gorman knows firsthand: He said a shirt that he had donated to Goodwill, with his name printed in it, was once returned to a store.On a recent day in the returns department, Dawn Segars recounted the story of a family that cleared out their grandfather’s attic and returned a pile of 20- to 30-year-old clothes. They ended up walking away with a $350 gift card.Behind her, in the next room, an unpleasant odour wafted from a bin containing returned items, including well-worn boots, ripped bedding, dog cushions and other items.Unlimited return policies are fraught with peril, said Edgar Dworsky, consumer advocate and founder of ConsumerWorld.org.“I consider a one-year limit to be very pro-consumer. It’s not as good as unlimited, but still good,” he said. “Frankly, unlimited returns open the door to abuse.”___This story has been corrected to show the web address is ConsumerWorld.org, not ConsumerWorld.com.last_img read more

Big city mayors press Liberals to speed up flow of affordable housing

first_imgOTTAWA – The mayors of Canada’s biggest cities say they don’t need the federal government to pony up more money for affordable housing units — they just need the cash to move faster.The Liberals’ housing plan unveiled last year outlines billions in federal cash and matching funds from the provinces and territories, but much of the money will take years to flow.Included in the plan was cash to build 100,000 new affordable housing units and repair 240,000 more.Edmonton Mayor Don Iveson, who chairs the Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ big-city mayors caucus, said the mayors pressed Finance Minister Bill Morneau on Thursday to loosen the federal purse strings so the repair money is spent in the coming fiscal year while details are worked out on cash for new construction.There is already a lag between when work takes place and federal dollars are spent because cash only flows once cities and provinces submit receipts for reimbursement.The mayors want to avoid a long delay in spending on repairs and new funding agreements for social housing providers to avoid losing thousands of units and families losing their homes.“We can put new roofs and new windows and new boilers and new furnaces and new insulation in aging social housing buildings this year and create jobs and get them back into supply,” Iveson said during a midday press conference.“There are units that are not … habitable right now because they’ve been waiting so long for that investment and we’d like to get those back in the hands of Canadians who need them and create the jobs now, not in a year or two.”Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi said the Liberals want to work with cities on the issue.“We’re here to find solutions to problems and this is a problem that has been identified.”Iveson and other big city mayors were in the capital for a pre-budget version of political speed dating, meeting individual cabinet ministers throughout the day to outline their wants and needs for the Feb. 27 federal budget.Other groups have joined a similar fray for federal help to cities in the coming budget. The Canadian Global Cities Council, an umbrella group for multiple chambers of commerce and boards of trades, last week called on the Liberals to craft a national urban strategy to better identify where money is needed.For the first time in years, the municipal leaders didn’t ask for any more infrastructure money from the federal government, having received $180 billion over 10 years in combined spending from programs set up by the Liberals and the previous Conservative government.The first batch of money from the Liberals’ transit and water system program was supposed to be spent by the end of March, but delays in projects have required the Liberals to extend the spending deadline to 2020.Federal and provincial officials say the lessons learned from the first phase of the program will be used in designing the second phase.The Liberals are aiming to finalize funding agreements by March 31 for $33 billion in upcoming infrastructure, which is part of the $81.2 billion in the Liberals’ long-term infrastructure program that Sohi specifically oversees.Provinces are pushing the government to let them use the dollars on planned transit and water system projects, rather than put the money towards new projects.Meanwhile, cities are asking the Liberals to press the provinces to cover a larger slice of project costs to reduce the financial contribution from cities.Toronto Mayor John Tory said the federal money was meant only to apply for new projects and not to help provinces replace their own spending.“We have new projects that the federal government are going to fund. That’s where that funding should go and the province should be stepping up to match.”— Follow @jpress on Twitter.last_img read more

Natural gas bills will go down about 29 a year Enbridge says

first_imgTORONTO – Enbridge Gas Distribution Ltd. says its typical Ontario residential customer’s natural gas bill will go down about $29 a year.The gas distribution company says its received approval from the Ontario Energy Board for new rates starting next month.The Ontario government’s cancellation of the cap and trade program will decrease rates by $80.Higher transportation costs and natural gas prices, among other things, will partially offset those savings.The company says the typical residential customer’s annual bill will be about $873.Enbridge distributes natural gas to more than two million customers in Ontario.last_img

Initial public offerings scheduled to debut next week

first_imgNEW YORK — The following is a list of initial public offerings planned for the coming week. Sources include IPO ETF manager Renaissance Capital, and SEC filings.Week of Nov. 26.No IPOs scheduled for next week.The Associated Presslast_img

TSX rebounds on boost from key sectors loonie falls on lower crude

first_imgThe Canadian Press Index and currency in this story: (TSX:GSPTSE, TSX:CADUSD=X) TORONTO — Canada’s main stock index was up in late-morning trading, boosted by the influential financial, industrial and materials sectors.The S&P/TSX composite index was up 70.56 points at 14,433.21.In New York, the Dow Jones industrial average was up 167.79 points at 23,760.77. The S&P 500 index was up 11.75 points at 2,557.69, while the Nasdaq composite was up 47.81 points at 6,801.54.The Canadian dollar traded for 74.32 cents US compared with an average of 74.63 cents US on Monday.The February crude contract was down US$2.13 at US$48.07 per barrel and the January natural gas contract was up 15.4 cents at US$3.68 per mmBTU.The February gold contract was down US$1.50 at US$1,250.30 an ounce and the March copper contract was down 6.95 cents at US$2.68 a pound.last_img read more

Allison Mack pleads guilty in sex cult case

first_imgLos Angeles: Actor Allison Mack, best known for hit series ‘Smallville’, has pleaded guilty in a case related to sex cult NXIVM. Mack, 36, who was arrested last year, has been accused of blackmailing two women into having sex with the group’s leader Keith Raniere. Raniere was also arrested last year and has pleaded not guilty to charges against him. Appearing at a federal court in Brooklyn recently, Mack pleaded guilty on two counts – racketeering conspiracy and racketeering, according to The Hollywood Reporter. She admitted that she coerced the women into performing services for Raniere by threatening to release damaging information about them. “I believed Keith Raniere’s intentions were to help people … and I was wrong,” a teary-eyed Mack said in the court. Prosecutors have alleged that over the past two decades Raniere established a series of purported self-help programs under the name NXIVM, based in Albany, New York, with centres in the United States, Mexico, Canada and South America. Mack and other cults “masters” allegedly recruited slaves by telling them they were joining a “women-only organisation that would empower them and eradicate purported weaknesses that NXIVM taught were common in women.”last_img read more

10344 booked till Mar 2019 for consuming alcohol in public

first_imgNew Delhi: According to a Delhi Police data, in last in 90 days, 10,344 persons were booked for consuming liquor in public places of the city. In comparison, 6,861 persons were arrested during the same period in 2018. The cases under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act has also risen compared to the last year.Police sources told Millennium Post that they have heightened the security which resulted in curbing the menace. Sources informed that out 15 districts, two were on the top with 2706, and 2015 arrests, while 5,585 arrests were made from the rest of 13 districts. Additionally, two units of city police, railways and crime branch caught 38 persons drinking in public places. According to police, drinking in public places would often result in quarrel, fights, rash driving. “We conduct surprise checkings in different areas, and also put pickets to check drunk and driving cases,” police said. Last year city police started a drive named “Reclaiming Public Spaces” under which they booked several persons. The police started the initiative after it was found that families had started avoiding public places due to the presence of anti-social elements fostered by illegal activities like gambling and drinking liquor. To keep the public spaces free from the anti-social elements, park patrolling is being done to sanitize. Apart from different drives, the city police in plain clothes also roam around in different places to keep an eye on any untoward activity. Cops also ask the whereabouts of suspicious people and frisk them to check if they are armed. Cases registered and vehicle seizure Total 1,549 Excise Act cases were registered till March this year, whereas, the number was at 874 during the same period in 2018. As many as 172 vehicles involved in the illegal activity were seized last year (till March), whereas, in the current year, the law enforcement agency has seized 245 vehicles. Around 1,46,211 illicit bottles were recovered in 2018 as compared to 1,76,890 bottles seized this year. Cases under NDPS Act In 2019, a total of thirteen cases have been registered under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, whereas last year only seven were reported. “As many as 30 persons arrested last year whereas 28 drug traffickers have been nabbed this year,” said police sources adding that 19 habitual drug traffickers have been also identified. The history sheets of 66 drug traffickers have already been opened while the proposal has been made to open cases of an additional six history-sheeters.last_img read more